Friday, September 4, 2009

The Long Walk

30th January 19XX,is the day that i was born into this world.From that day onwards,I had not stopped walking.Walking through my own life,walking through laughter and joy,walking through tears and sadness.

Everyone walks a different pace.Some like to take things fast,but some like it slow.After walking for so many years,I had still to determine my own pace.Neither am I clear about my direction in life.All this while,I was only following other people's footsteps,like a shadow,walking behind each and every one of them.I never knew what life actually meant to me,until the day i found you.

Then you gave meaning to my life.Your presence coloured my once dull and blank life and changed it into a beautiful masterpiece.I used to take every single step all by myself,but ever since you came into my life,I realised,I do not have to walk alone anymore.And from that day onwards,I no longer have to follow other people's footsteps.I found strength because of your presence.I finally have the courage to walk my true life.

We had been through the high and low in our lives.We walked through the hurdles and we swore to stay for each other until the end of our lives.We shared laughters and tears together.Everyone around us knew that we were meant for each other.So many silly things we have done together.I want to remember you,I will not want to let you go because you are the one who changed my life completely and I will not know how to live my life once more without you.

Those were the days I had walked through.Time changes everything and it even changes you.Our relationship turned sour and finally the day came when you left me because of this new flame.My life turned upside down.It was not easy living a life in sorrow,but life still needs to go on.Too much tears I have shed for you and sometimes I wonder whether it is worth for me to do so.We had walked this far,just for a moment like this?

We have not been talking ever since,not even the slightest greet.The next thing I knew,you were already engaged.A lovely invitation card was lying silently in my mailbox.Its silly.I knew that your heart has changed,but I am still holding on to this relationship,hoping so much that you will change one day.But I guess,the one day will never come.I saw you standing in front of the church.The woman I once loved so much is getting married,I thought to myself.The old wounds started to bleed again.Its over now.We walk the separate road,no longer the perfect couple anymore.

Choosing to or not to be sad is not my option anymore.I'd be happy if you really love this man you marry with all your heart.Because I understand-You know you love someone when you want them to be happy.Even if their happiness means that you're not part of it.

We laughed until we had to cry,we loved right down to our last goodbye,but over the years,we'll smile and recall for just one moment we had it all.Once in a while,I look back,these memories we shared,hoping to cherish it once more.But after walking for so long,I am already tired and worn out.Its time to rest,after the long walk.

I miss you a little,
I guess you could say,
A little too much,
A little too often,
A little more each day.


-Jack-

No comments:

Post a Comment